Friday, June 1, 2012

Readers beware! This is going to be a whiny post, so if you're not in the mood, stop reading now. :)


 The lady who owns the milk cow (that we were milking last winter) had another cow that was about to calve. She got permission from us and had a guy come build a pen for the new calf back in the corner of the yard behind the big tree. Then she asked for permission to TRIM A FEW BRANCHES off the big tree so it would be easier to access the pen. The boss said yes, that would be fine.
So I guess this is her husband's idea of how to trim a  few branches off a tree! Really? I know I've always wanted that tree removed, but what I wanted was to have it REMOVED. Not this big mess in my back yard. And now there are branches more in the way of the calf pen than when they were on  the tree.

After I realized what he had done, and there was no going back, I asked him if he could at least cut the branches into smaller pieces so they would fit in my truck so I could haul them off.
His answer? "That would be pretty hard."  Oh shucks! How hard was it to cut down the whole freaking tree?  Then he added, "Maybe you should call one of those tree service places to come and mulch the branches."  Sheesh! If I wanted to pay someone to take care of the tree, lets see.... I would have called someone to come take care of the tree!!!

So now I have a big mess to clean up.
And do you want to know the punch line?
 Her stupid cow isn't even pregnant!

2 comments:

  1. Are you serious? That was a great shade tree! What was he thinking? I am so sorry, I would have rung his neck and some how hung him from the tree he chopped down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. Heck.. Who leaves a mess? Take back your infertile cow and leave us alone!!

    ReplyDelete